Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Letter to my Aaron!!

Today I am writing a letter to Aaron on my blog.  I am not great with keeping this blog thing up to date, but Aaron is so active that when I do get time to actually write there is always something else that needs to be done.  I wanted to make sure I get this down while it is fresh on my mind.


Dear Aaron,
Today we went to the Zoo with some friends and I wanted to write this letter to you to tell you about your little one year old self.  Where do I begin.  Let's just say I had to lay on the couch for an hour  before I could right this after our crazy time this morning because you once again wore me slick out.  I know everyone says their kids are so active and have way too much energy, but you my dear take the cake.  I have spent my life babysitting and dealing with my fair share of children, and nothing could have prepared me for you. You are a little firecracker and one of the most independant kids I have ever met.  Why would you want to be strolled around in your stroller to look at the animals at a leisurly pace when you can get down and run like a little monkey all over the place?  What? There is a gate or sign that says do not enter? Who cares you can't read so it must not mean you.  :) You ran all over the place until your cute little face was beet red and your hair was soaked with sweat.  By the time we got to the splash pad (Which you love) you were one dirty dirty little baby.  I really wanted to just sit in the shade with all of the other mommies and have a nice adult conversation while all of our children ran around in the water, but you had other plans.  Instead of staying in the nice area you have to run over to the dirt or run down the walkway back to the zoo, or over to the eating area.  You have no limits my dear and I am left to chase after you and pick you back up kicking an screaming to play with the other kids.  The world is like a giant exciting place for you and if you could run around all day long with no restrictions you would.  So after I took all I could I packed you up and put you in
the car to go home.  No sooner than we were out of the zoo area you were fast asleep.  I took you in and put you in your crib where you will probably be for the next 2-3 hours.  I know I probably sound like you make me absolutely crazy and lets face it some days you do, but I wouldn't change you for anything or any other one year old in the world.  Even though you wear me out I love that you have so much energy and are so fascinated with everything around you.  You remind me why I married your daddy.  Yes my son you are just like him.  Some days he wears me out because he loves to be doing things all the time, but just like you I wouldn't change him for anything either.  I love my two little firecrackers, but I do hope that maybe little Andrew will be a little more laid back like his mommy.  I can't imagine having three Alan's to chase around!  I seriously may go insane next year.  But if God so chooses to bless me with another he will also give me what I need to make it through and it's because of this I know it will all work out.  And I guess if nothing else it will help me to get back into shape!!! So as I end this letter to you my sweet sweet baby, I thank God for your energy and zest for life!!! I thank God for everything about you.  You are wonderfully made and push me to be a better mommy and to get out and be active and do fun things with you!! I wouldn't trade a minute of our morning today and tomorrow we will go on a play date at the pool!!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment